STOCKHOLM, JANUARY 4, 2019 – XBT Provider AB (Publ) (the "Issuer") is aware of the fact that there are currently a number of potential "forking" events that may occur on the Ethereum blockchain in the next 14 days. These events can influence the native heritage, the ether; the good that two of the XBT products of the Issuer track (Ether Tracker One and Ether Tracker Euro (collectively the "Certificates")).
The Issuer wishes to clarify that its Certificates are designed to track "ether" and not an alternative currency resulting from a fork event and that they shared a common transaction history before the fork. Therefore, in the case of a fork, the Certificates will refer to the currency that the Ethereum community and trades define, and consider as "ether". (As an ether holder, the companies of the Guarantor group will be entitled to keep both coins from a fork).
The Issuer wishes to underline its previous Communications on the phenomenon of "bifurcating" which:
- the forks are not a rare event;
- the circumstances, the technical construction and the ideology represented by each fork are unique;
- the prevailing market conditions at the time of, and later, each fork are unique;
- the relative meaning of each fork varies;
- it is possible that a given fork may lead to a significant disruption of the underlying asset and, potentially, may lead to an event of market interruption if prices become problematic after the fork; is
- it is not possible to accurately predict the impact that an expected fork might have or how long an interruption may occur.
If Ethereum were to experience a significant fork or fork in the coming weeks, the Issuer would like to reiterate that it will follow the established process, as initially described in the published version of March 9, 2018 Here and summarized below.
In accordance with the Prospectus, the Issuer has no legal obligation to distribute forked coins to Certificate holders; however, the Issuer wishes to return the value creation to the Certificate holders where possible. Consequently, the Issuer's distribution plan for the forks operates as follows:
- The forks suitable for the plan will be selected based on the information available on each separate fork, at the discretion of the Issuer.
- The proceeds of any suitable bifurcations will be distributed to certificate holders every two years.
- Critically, the Issuer will provide a business action date, in which the holders of Certificates holding the Certificates (starting from the date of the corporate action) will be eligible to receive a cash distribution accumulated from the forks in the previous semester .
- Only holders of Certificates will be paid, as defined by Euroclear, which will distribute to their underlying customers, sometimes at multiple levels.
- Once the owners of the Certificates are paid, the Issuer no longer has any responsibility for the proper execution of any further or subsequent distribution.
For further details on the Issuer's forking policy, refer to the forking policy update release Here or contact us at: [email protected] .
About XBT Provider AB (Publ)
XBT Provider AB (Publ) (XBT Provider), a CoinShares company, is the issuer domiciled in Sweden of Bitcoin Tracker One (COINXBT: SS), Bitcoin Tracker Euro (COINXBE: SS), Ether Tracker One (COINETH: SS ) and Series of Euro Ether Tracker certificates (COINETHE: SS) that are designed to concisely track the performance of the underlying crypt-asset, bitcoin or ether price (respectively in Swedish Kronor or Euro), minus a paid component.
In 2015, Bitcoin Tracker One became the first bitcoinference security system available on a regulated stock exchange when it is listed on the NASDAQ in Stockholm. In 2017, Ether Tracker One became the first reference eter available on a regulated stock exchange when it was listed on the NASDAQ in Stockholm. All four certificates are available and traded in the same way as any other shares or instruments listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange in Stockholm.
The Prospectus of the XBT provider is approved by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Sw. Finansinspektionen) and its certificates are governed by Swedish law. The XBT provider is not an authorized financial adviser. The opinions presented in this version are the opinions of the Board of XBT Provider and no other party. Bitcoin and ether are volatile assets and their prices (and the price of the securities referred to) can move quickly, positively or negatively. Potential investors in the Issuer certificates should carefully consider the suitability of such an investment and if they have sufficient financial resources to be able to bear the risks associated with it and, in relation to such determination, should read carefully the latest Prospectus of the Issuer (including, in particular, the risk warnings contained therein). XBT Provider certificates do not give holders any right in favor or against the underlying underlying crypto to which they are referenced. The value and any payment due under the XBT supplier's certificates will be influenced by the exchange rate between the US dollar and the euro or, as the case may be, between the US dollar and the Swedish krona. Any returns on XBT certificates will not be the same as returns that a direct investment of an equivalent amount in the relevant underlying asset could produce. XBT Provider certificates are not linked to shares, not protected by rights, unsecured and non-subordinated and do not bring interest.