STOCKHOLM, JAN 4, 2019 – XBT Provider AB (Publ) (the "Issuer") is conscious of the fact that there are currently a number of potential, 'forking-related' events which may occur on the Ethereum blockchain in the next 14 days. These events may affect the native asset, ether; XBT Issuer's products track (Ether Tracker One and Euro Ether Tracker (collectively the "Certificates")).
The Issuer wishes to clarify that its Certificates are designed to track "ether" and not any other alternatives that result from a forking event and a shared transaction prior to the fork. Therefore, in the case of a fork, the Certificates will be referenced to the coin which the Ethereum community and exchanges define, and consider to be, "ether." (As the holder of ether, the group companies of the Guarantor will be entitled coins from any fork).
The Issuer wishes to emphasize from its earlier Press Releases concerning the phenomenon of 'forking' that:
- forks are not an uncommon occurrence;
- the circumstances, technical construction and ideology represented by each fork are unique;
- the prevailing market-conditions at the time of, and the following, each fork are unique;
- the relative significance of each fork varies;
- it is possible that a particular fork may result in a significant disruption to the underlying asset and potentially and
- it is not possible to predict with the accuracy which any anticipated fork
The Issuer wishes to reiterate that it will follow its established process, as presented in March 9, 2018 release found here and summarized below.
In accordance with the Prospectus, the Issuer has no legal obligations to distribute forked coins to Certificate holders; However, the Issuer wishes to return the value to Certificate holders where possible. Accordingly, the Issuer's forking distribution plan
- Separate fork, at the Issuer's discretion.
- Will be distributed to Certificate holders bi-annually.
- Critically, the Issuer will provide a corporate action date, in which the Certificate holders in the possession of the Certificates will be entitled to receive a cash distribution accumulated by the period for the preceding half-year period.
- Only owners of Certificates, by Euroclear, will be distributed to their underlying clients, sometimes multiple levels.
- Once the rights are paid, the Issuer has no longer any responsibility for the good execution of any onward or further distribution.
For further details on the Issuer's forking policy, please consult the policy for update here or contact us at: [email protected] .
About XBT Provider AB (Publ)
XBT Provider AB (Publ) (XBT Provider), to CoinShares company, is the Swedish-domiciled issuer of the Bitcoin Tracker One (COINXBT: SS), Bitcoin Tracker Euro (COINXBE: SS), Ether Tracker One (COINETH: SS) and Ether Tracker Euro (COINETHE: SS) series of certificates which are designed to synthetically track the performance of the relevant underlying crypto asset, bitcoin or ether (in Swedish Kronor or Euro, respectively), less a fee component.
In 2015, Bitcoin Tracker One became the first bitcoin-referenced security available on a regulated exchange when it was listed on NASDAQ in Stockholm. In 2017, Ether Tracker One became the first ether-referenced security available on a regulated exchange when it was listed on NASDAQ in Stockholm. All four certificates are available and traded in the same manner as any other share or instrument listed on the Nasdaq exchange in Stockholm.
XBT Provider's Prospectus is approved by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Sw. Finansinspektionen) and its certificates are governed by Swedish law. XBT Provider is not a licensed financial advisor. The views presented in this release are the opinions of the Board of XBT. Can move quickly, positively or negatively. Prospective investors in the Issuer's latest Prospectus (prospective investors in the Issuer's certificates should carefully consider the suitability of an investment and if they are including, in particular, the risk warnings set out therein). XBT Provider's certificates do not confer on the holder any claim to or against the relevant underlying crypto-asset to which they are referenced. The US Dollar and the Swedish Kronor will be affected by the exchange rate between the US Dollar and the Euro. Any returns upon XBT's certificates will not be the same as the underlying asset could produce. XBT Provider's certificates are non-equity linked, non-protected, unsecured and unsubordinated and do not bear interest.
GlobeNewswire, a Nasdaq company, is one of the world's largest newswire distribution networks, specializing in the delivery of corporate press releases financial disclosures and multimedia content to the media, investment communities, individual investors and the general public.
Latest posts by Nasdaq NewsFeed (see all)