When the Tron Wallet (TRX) was released in June, he had received a courteous notice from the Tron Foundation stating that:
Before using TronWallet, the Tron Foundation team advises you that you do not deposit any TRX on your wallet yet. Your funds may be lost. Tron Foundation requires that you first apply to test the portfolio before the final release by the team.
This happened before the Mainnet was operational and before the elections for the Super Representative were completed. In early August, wallet users could receive, send and freeze their TRXs to take part in the Super Representative elections. The portfolio is now fully available on Androd and iOS.
Getty.io is the community project that created Tron Wallet and provided an updated list of features available to the user.
With the app, the user can do the following:
- Access and protect your TRX from your mobile phone
- Use a QR scanner to pay with TRX and other utility tokens built under TRX
- Send TRX and other utility tokens by entering a wallet address or scanning a QR code
- Request payment in TRX, creating a unique code / transaction
- Freeze, unlock pawns and vote for the TRON Super Representatives
- Check the market / price
- Keep track of all transactions (validated and pending) made on the app
- Invest in other tokens running on TRX with an ICO mechanism and secure those tokens on your phone
- Access to tutorials and learning from the app
- Unblock the app and access all features with a more secure security mechanism like Face ID and fingerprint
- Create multiple portfolios within the app
The team is also planning to add the following features in the future:
- Ability to exchange Tron tokens in a decentralized manner without intermediaries
- Launch a web widget to sell ICO tokens
- Create a DApp browser in the first quarter of 2019 to speed up the creation of DApps
What is your experience with the Tron Wallet? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: this article is not intended to give financial advice. Any opinion here is purely that of the author and does not represent the opinion of Ethereum World News or its other writers. Perform your research before investing in one of the many cryptocurrencies available. Thank you.