As MarEx continues its constant coverage of blockchain technology for the maritime industry, we will participate in the Singapore Blockchain Summit on August 28th.
Blockchain Summit Singapore is a one-day conference and exhibition that connects over 700 industry leaders, business decision makers, technology innovators and investors. Blockchain Summit is the largest series of Blockchain events dedicated to the world. Without co-located side events, it is purely a public focused on Blockchain. There are over 60 speakers, 25 case studies and 34 sessions planned for 18 hours of content. Among the speakers worthy of note:
– Mathias Steck, EVP and Regional Manager, DNV GL – Digital Solutions
– Dr. Meeta Yadav, director of the Singapore Research Center (former Chief Data Officer for Blockchain Technologies), IBM
– Iris Taguet, Head of the Blockchain program, Air France KLM
– Bogusz Grotowski, Director and Senior Counsel APAC, Deutche Bank AG
– Brice Achkir, Ph.D., Cisco Distinguished Eng./Sr. Director, Cisco Systems
– Dr. Paul Sin, Partner, Asia Pacific Blockchain Lab – Deloitte
– Julian Wilson, head of mobile innovation, Barclays
– Murali Rathnam, Head of Business Solutions Engineering, Western Union
– David Janczewski, Director of New Business & Strategic Intelligence, The Royal Mint
– Eva Kaili, Member and Chair of the Science and Technology Options Evaluation Body, European Parliament
MarEx is a media partner for the summit and we invite all maritime professionals from the region to participate in exploring this new revolutionary technology . For those interested, visit https://blockchainsummitsingapore.com/ for details, or contact MarEx collaborator Sean McKay Holt ( via LinkedIn ).
The next edition of Maritime Executive magazine will present an editorial on disruptive technologies in the maritime sector. For those interested in contributing to the editorial, please contact MarEx contributor Sean McKay Holt ( via LinkedIn ). To view our previous blockchain-based application coverage for marine and port operators, click here .
The opinions expressed in this document are of the author and not necessarily those of The Maritime Executive.