Interview with Michał Zieliński, co-founder of Craftchain | Technology Conference Blockchain 2018
The Blockchain Technology Conference has come to an end but now is the perfect time for an overview of the most important takeaways.
We gathered enough information to keep our minds well fed until the next blockchain conference and for those of you who could not attend the conference, we streamed three key notes so you do not miss a thing. You can find them here and here.
Speaking of takeaways, we spoke with Michał Zieliński, co-founder of Craftchain and speaker at the Blockchain Technology Conference, on the role of UX / UI in the adoption of the blockchain. According to him, the The adoption of this technology is based on two simple questions: "What's in it for me?" and "will I have to change or learn something?".
While there are many witty developers who improve and innovate blockchain technology, only some wonder how blockchain-based applications should be presented to the consumer to ensure perfect adoption. We had an argument the status quo and current challenges for UX / UI design in blockchain projects, the importance of UX / UI in the context of blockchain applications and how to start making improvements today.
SEE ALSO: Takechain of Blockchain technology: 3 triggers for blockchain adoption
Here are some quotes from the interview:
- Very often, the technical part [of creating a blockchain application] it's great but the product does not really correspond to the user's standards. It will be difficult to adapt the blockchain culture to novice users.
- Blockchain applications must be visually appealing but also very functional and this is where the problem starts. The user has to spend too much time and it's too complicated, so he feels frustrated.
- The legislation is not ready for the blockchain; it is adapting but this is still an important challenge. you can not skip any items (when creating a blockchain application) because they are mandatory.
- Most decentralized applications are not user-friendly, so we really need to create applications that are accessible to everyone.
- If we do not implement the changes now (for blockchain applications), the adoption of the blockchain will be really difficult.
- You should only use the blockchain if you see its value. Otherwise, it is not necessary.
- The true value of the blockchain lies in lower fees, faster transactions, etc.
Michał Zieliński is co-founder of Craftchain – a blockchain software house with the highest score in Poland and CMO of Crafton – a digital agency with over 10 years experience in industry, working for clients such as Santander Bank, Hilton, UNICEF, PWC, KSA and many more. Michal is a manager and a team leader – he is responsible for the growth of Craftchain on the EU and Middle East markets, managing his team of 20 specialists.
Both the passion of marketing and the enthusiasm of creative works have encouraged him to present his first social project, which was recognized in Poland as the most influential regional initiative of 2016 by the deputy prime minister. He believes that the blockchain can revolutionize our economy and our trust, is passionate about decentralization.