12 December 2018 – St. Moritz:
- First anniversary of the Swiss Crypto Finance Conference scheduled for January 2019
- The conference attracts industry specialists and investors from all over the world
- Political perspectives of Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg, Philipp Roesler, Eva Kaili and Brian Forde
A year ago, the first financial conference of Crypto (CFC) in St. Moritz made an international impression with an extraordinary group of speakers and the declaration "Switzerland will be encrypted" by Federal Councilor Johann Schneider-Ammann. Now, a year later, the exclusive conference has returned to St. Moritz with another line-up of speakers and diary. From January 16 to 18, 2019, just a week before the World Economic Forum in Davos, the CFC brings together leading investors, experts and innovators of the blockchain space at the Suvretta House in St. Moritz.
As the industry is starting to grow, the potential mass adoption of technology becomes an increasingly important topic, which will require much work at the political level. The main speakers with political background include:
- Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg: Former member of the German Bundestag, former federal minister for economics and technology and former defense minister. Zu Guttenberg is president and founder of Spitzberg Partners, a consulting and investment company based in New York, United States. The company also invests in risk capital in innovative blockchains and AI startups.
- Philipp Roesler: Former German politician, Federal Minister of Economics and Technology and Vice-Chancellor of Germany. Until recently, he was a member of the steering committee of the World Economic Forum. At the end of 2017 he was appointed chief executive officer of the Hainan Cihang Charity Foundation in New York.
- Eva Kaili: Member of the European Parliament since 2014. In his capacity as Chairman of the European Parliament's Scientific and Technological Options Assessment Body (STOA), he has worked intensively on the promotion of innovation as a driving force of the institution. of the European digital single market. It has been particularly active in the fields of blockchain technology, m / eHealth, big data, fintech, AI and cybersecurity. He will join the CFC as a speaker for the second time.
- Brian Forde: Former senior consultant for mobile and data innovation at the White House, where he wrote the first article on Bitcoin to inform the president of this new technology. It is also known as the former "Candidate Crypt" for the United States Congress, CA-45. He is a Senior Lecturer at MIT Sloan School of Management and co-founder of the Digital Currency Initiative, an academic research group on cryptocurrencies at MIT Media Lab, well known all over the world. It will join the CFC for the second time.
In addition to the delegation with a political background, the CFC welcomes a large selection of representatives from the international industry with a technical and entrepreneurial background:
- Charles Hoskinson, CEO of IOHK and co-founder of Ethereum
- Maja Vujinovic, CEO of OGroup and member of the board of CoinDesk
- Helen Hai, Head of the Binance Blockchain Charity Foundation and Ambassador of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Bill Tai, President and CEO of ACTAI Global and Venture Capitalist
- Jane Lippencott, Business Development at CoinFi and Origin X Capital
- Andy Bromberg, Co-founder and president of Coinlist
- Flore-Anne Messy, Head of the insurance and private pensions division and financial market of the OECD
- Ted Rogers, President of Xapo
- Loretta Joseph, Director of Paradym Global
- Bob McElrath, Blockchain Architect, Fidelity Digital Assets
"A lot has happened since our first conference and it's very interesting to see how the industry is slowly starting to grow." For our first anniversary conference here in St. Moritz, we have so many requests from the speakers. that we could fill another 3 days with great content.We bring together the right people from different backgrounds, all of whom are committed to doing serious business in this emerging industry.I am proud to be able to organize an important event like this here in the Swiss mountains and contribute to Image of Switzerland as a global center for blockchain developments ". He says Nicolo Stoehr, CEO of the Crypto Finance Conference.
Information on CFC
The Crypto Finance Conference (CFC) is the world's most exclusive investor conference on cryptocurrencies and blockchain investments. The CFC is connecting private investors, institutional investors and family offices with blockchain leaders. The three-day conference offers specialist training, investment opportunities and excellent networks. The list of participants in each conference is strictly limited, application-based and edited by the board of directors to enable participating experts to build a unique network. In 2018 the CFC proved to be an important platform and a meeting point for serious and blockchain investors. Shortly after the overwhelming success of the inaugural St. Moritz conference in Switzerland in January 2018, the exclusive investor event extended to Geneva, Switzerland and later to California in the United States. The upcoming Crypto Finance Conference brings participants and speakers to St. Moritz, where it all began, before the conference expanded in Tokyo, Japan, in May 2019.
Contact with the media:
Sarah Jordi, CMO Crypto Finance Conference
Telephone: +41 79 626 86 47