Bitcoin is the Internet currency: a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority: there is no government, company or bank in charge of Bitcoin. As such, it is more resistant to wild inflation and to corrupt banks. With Bitcoin you can be your bank .
If you're new to Bitcoin, check out We Use Coins and Bitcoin.org. You can also explore the Bitcoin Wiki:
- Do not use URL abbreviation services: always send the real link.
- The begging / request of bitcoins is absolutely not allowed, regardless of how much bitcoin is necessary. Only requests for donations to large and recognized charities are allowed, and only if there is good reason to believe that the person accepting bitcoins on behalf of the charity is trustworthy.
- News articles that do not contain the word "Bitcoin" are usually off topic. This subreddit does not concern general financial news.
- The questions that mainly concern other cryptocurrencies belong to other parts. For example, / r / CryptoCurrency is a good point of discussion for all cryptocurrencies.
- Promoting client software that attempts to alter the Bitcoin protocol without overwhelming consent is not allowed.
- No reference link in communications.
- No compilation of free Bitcoin sites.
- Operations usually should not be advertised here. For example, sending as "Purchase of 100 BTC" or "Selling my computer for bitcoins" does not belong to this. / r / Bitcoin is mainly for news and discussions.
- Please avoid repetition – / r / bitcoin is a subreddit dedicated to new information and discussions about Bitcoin and its ecosystem. New traders are invited to announce their services for Bitcoin, but after those have been announced they are no longer news and should not be posted again. Apart from new advertisements those interested in publicity for our audience should consider Reddit's self-service advertising system.
- Do not post your Bitcoin address unless someone explicitly asks you.
- Twitter, etc. It is full of imitations.
Sorted by Descending Popularity
Join us on IRC
chat .freenode.net #bitcoin
Other sites Bitcoin
Bitcoin Stack Exchange
Download Bitcoin Core  Bitcoin Core is the backbone of the Bitcoin network. Almost all Bitcoin portfolios are based on Bitcoin Core in one way or another. If you have a powerful enough computer that is almost always online, you can help your network by running Bitcoin Core. You can also use Bitcoin Core as a very secure Bitcoin wallet.
Style sheet credits
The CSS used by this subreddit is the Erdune theme modified by / u / Annihilia and / u / konkedas. Logo design by / u / Annihilia. Look at his other job here.
We have previously collected donations to finance Bitcoin's advertising efforts, but we no longer accept donations. The funds already donated will be spent for some sort of advertising, as expected. As of now, 10.35799117 BTC has been spent outside 22.51357574. If you have ideas for the remaining BTC, see here for more information.