Be sure to check out our previous edition here, now let's go over what happened in the crypt this week. Also, be sure to sign up for this week's edition of The CCN Podcast on iTunes, TuneIn, Stitcher, Google Play Music, Spotify or wherever you have your podcasts.
- Bitcoin's price fell 12% this week following a loss of 15% last week. Bitcoin had fluctuated around $ 8,000 for several weeks until prices fell last week. The fall in prices was again attributed to the SEC's refusal of the second Winklevoss ETF. The price hovered around the $ 7,500 mark of the brand by drifting downward to less than $ 7,000. Analysts continued to wait for a breakout as the price continued to fall to half $ 6,000. The day after, the price fell further to $ 6.180. As one of our contributors said, the price was "knocked off the cliff". The price has increased slightly but failed to maintain momentum.
- Ethereum is down 24% this week at the $ 308 level, greatly exaggerating the Bitcoin movements. The move comes when the bitcoin domain has reached 50% by spiraling the alt coins.
- The entire limit of the coin market fell 19% to $ 206 billion. The sharp decline occurs when the market suffers a substantial decrease in volume.
- Robinhood, Coinbase Pro for Ethererum Classic List – This week, Ethereum Classic became the sixth cryptocurrency listed in the Robinhood stock trading app, whose cryptographic service is now available in 19 states of the United States. Later in the week, Coinbase began accepting ETC deposits on Coinbase Pro (formerly GDAX), its order-cryptocurrency exchange, with trading in both USD and other cryptographic assets scheduled to begin in the year.
- Coinbase returns to Wyoming after Three-Year Hiatus – The San Francisco Coinbase announced in a blog post that renewed its state-wide coin transmitter license, allowing it to resume services in Wyoming after have blocked investors from their accounts more than three years ago.
- Barclays could open Crypto Trading – Business Insider reports that the profile of an employee of Barclays on LinkedIn said he was "hired to produce a business plan for the integration of a trading desk of digital resources in the Barclays marketing business. " The profile has been modified to remove digital references.
- Ripple coming to the custody of Coinbase – In a statement, which appears on the official Coinbase blog, specifies that the resources listed include Ripple (XRP), Monero (XMR) and EOS, are considered only for listing and have no relationship with products and services related to trading.
- Overstock raises $ 270 million for the tZero branch – A new investment from GSR Capital will see the acquisition of approximately 3.1 million Overstock shares based in the United States, equal to about 10% of the company's total shares. In a letter of intent confirmed by Forbes, GSR Capital will invest up to $ 270 million to acquire 18% of the tZero platform in the initial phase of the investment. Later, the company will pay another $ 104.55 million for a 10% stake in OVerstock.
- File Blockchain Accenture Security and Scalability Patent – Professional Services Company Accenture has filed a patent that aims to improve the speed and security of blockchain transactions with patented hardware.
- No, Starbucks does not accept Bitcoin – Contrary to the mainstream media, Starbucks has made it clear that it will not accept direct payments with bitcoins in coffee retail outlets. Rather, they will help customers convert digital resources like Bitcoins into US dollars, which can be used by Starbucks.
- Upwork: Blockchain the fastest growing skill in the US freelance job market – According to the skills Upwork Q2 2018 The index, blockchain has been the ability to fastest growing and has beat over 5,000 other skills listed on one of the world's largest freelance platforms.
- Goldman Sachs is Bearish – Writing in the company's midyear economic outlook report, a team of Goldman investment strategists predicted that despite having already lost more than $ 12,000 from the peak of mid-December, the price of the bitcoin will probably continue on a descending trajectory
Follow us on Telegram or subscribe to our newsletter here. ] • Join the CCN Crypto community for $ 9.99 a month, click here
• Do you want exclusive analysis and in-depth analysis encrypted by Hacked.com? Click here.
• Open positions on CCN: sought-after full-time and part-time journalists.