The document briefly explains the changes and improvements provided by the new version. The added changes will improve the performance and flexibility of the library. The library contains new methods that provide access to the rippled APIs [server software that powers XRP Ledger].
The blog recommends using version 1.0.1 or later rippled to enable online functionality.
The release includes several new methods including:
- Three new methods [request(), hasNextPage(), requestNextPage()] have been added by the development team to access the rippled APIs.
- A prepareTransaction () method has been added to prepare an unprocessed txJSON element.
- The new version will allow you to specify XRP amounts in drops. The development team provided two methods of converting xrpToDrops () and dropsToXrp ().
- A new getTransaction () method has been added that includes a property by channelChanges name that will provide details of a particular payment channel.
in the next section, the document describes data validations and error corrections on which the team has worked. The amounts in XRP and drops have been verified for validity. The team has imposed a maximum commission limit, which, if exceeded, will cause the library to launch a validation error.
He claimed that the team worked on several errors and many data validation features were added to the library. Previously, the team encountered a problem with the getPaths property that has now been corrected to successfully filter the paths when the target currency is XRP.
- In the getTransaction () and getTransactions () methods, the specification.destination.amount field was removed from the response of the analyzed transaction .
- To determine the amount delivered by a given transaction, the team included a result. deliveredAmount.
- To obtain information on the provisional amount required "Amount" from the actual transaction, the blog stated that users can use the includeRawTransaction option of the getTransaction () method or includeRawTransactionsOptions of the getTransactions () method. Alternatively, users can directly use the rippled API with the request () method, he said
- The rawTransactions field was removed from the getLedger () response object for consistency reasons.
- The metadata field was renamed in meta to provide consistency with the tx method of rippled from getLedger () and ledger_index was added to each raw transaction.
In addition, the complete ripple-lib documentation is available on the XRP Ledger Dev portal.
Nick Bougalis, Head of the Ripple C ++ development team answered some questions regarding the Twitter version.
When asked by Twitterat Shashinda jayalath if the new maximum commission limit can lead to a rollback of the transaction, Bougalis said:
"The library has a" maximum spending limit "configurable to prevent for programmers to accidentally specify too high a commission, by default it is set to 2 XRPs, which is several orders of magnitude higher than the rate required to pay for a transaction. "
" And not worry, if you really want to spend more than 2 XRP on commissions, you can simply ignore the limit in the RippleAPI constructor. "
Follow us on Telegram | Twitter | Facebook