Automotive issues have passed a new survey on consumer complaints across the country in 2017, according to the Consumer Federation of America (CFA).
RELATED: Here's how to send a "drop dead" letter to a collection agency
CFA: These were the biggest consumer complaints of 2017
Working with almost four dozen local and state consumer agencies, the CFA determined that these were the 10 consumer complaints last year:
- Cars – misleading advertising, faulty repairs, leasing and towing problems and more
- Home improvement & construction – Poor work, take your money and do not do the job or do not complete the job started, etc.
- Retail Sales – Misleading Advertising, Reimbursement Problems, Gift Certificates and Others
- Credit / Debit – Credit Repair Issues, Debt Relief Services, Bills Disputes, Mortgage Modification and fraud related to mortgages, among other matters
- Tenant – Unsafe settlements, failure to repair, illegal eviction tactics and more
- Services – Poor work, licensing problems, etc.
- Communications – Telephone / internet disputes and false offers, I love other problems
- Healthcare products and services – Fake complaints, licensing issues, billing problems and more
- Household items – Non-delivery, defective goods, faulty repairs, etc.
- (Tie) Domestic solicitations; Internet sales; Travel – All deceptive implications, non-delivery, billing problems and other problems
Here at the Clark Team we make free off-line advice available to you 45 hours a week from a team of volunteers in our Consumer Action Center (CAC) ) who are trained to help you with problems like these.
Through the work done by the CAC, we have our list of consumer complaints dating back to July 2016:
- Credit Agencies  Investing
- Customer Service
- Scams / frauds
- Credit Cards
In fact, it is interesting to note how much overlap there is between the CFA list and our internal list here at Team Clark. The problem areas that have made both lists include credit bureaus, cars, scams / frauds, travel, mortgages, debit and credit cards.
In the meantime, introducing a third prospect, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has published its own count of the best 2017 consumer problems at the start of this year:
- Credit reporting and repair  Debt collection
- Credit card or prepaid card
- Bank, current account or savings account
- Student loan
- Personal loan or payday loan
- Money transfer or virtual currency
When looking at the topics that appear on all three lists, we see convergence around four main areas: mortgage, credit, debit and credit reporting. But remember, regardless of the type of problem you are facing, we can offer free tips to get you on the right track!
Do you have a question for the consumer? Contact Clark & # 39; s
Center of action for consumers
– A FREE helpline is open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 19:00 and Friday from 10:00 to 16:00. EST with volunteers available to answer YOUR concerns! Call Clark Team @ 404-892-8227.