In a world where online privacy is increasingly becoming a problem with each passing day, the coins that aim to provide it are becoming increasingly popular. Zcash is one of these so-called "privacy" coins as it represents an open and unencrypted cryptocurrency that can completely protect the privacy of transactions using zero knowledge encryption.
2017 has been an excellent year for Zcash as the protocol has developed, matured and the ecosystem has expanded. The market cap has exceeded $ 1 billion and is now well supported in various exchanges.
After successfully implementing Sapling on the network, which allows for transfers of less than 100 dimensions and at the same time six times faster, the Zcash team continues to go strong with the development announcing the next protocol update called Zcash Blossom.
As the CTO of Zcash states, this update is scheduled to be released exactly one year after Sapling, October 2019.
The list of goals that this update has set out to achieve is broad and includes
- changes to the data mining algorithm
- dividing the prizes of the founder
- improvement of the usability and security of tariffs and confirmations
- alter the basic consent protocol to strengthen light client support
- basic support for the second level BOLT protocol
- disables all support for sprout addresses and funds stored in those addresses except the ability to transfer funds out of these addresses
- add protections against rollbacks larger than a predetermined length.
- guardian reinforcement – this includes a variety of potential features that can potentially protect typical end users as well as specialized custodians. This may include verification of the recipient address, "vault functionality", "I Got Burgled" button, transaction cancellation or transfer rate limitation functionality.
ZEC is still in loop for the listing of Coinbase
We have already covered this topic on several occasions, the possibilities of ZEC to be the next coin on Coinbase are quite healthy although XLM is a favorite based on most of the market. However, ZEC certainly has its aces up its sleeve, some of which are counted below:
Adding ADA or XLM would simply add another platform to it, adding ZEC it would be a first currency for privacy on Coinbase.
Join our Telegram channel or Follow @CaptainAltcoin
The writers and authors of CapitanAltcoin may or may not have a personal interest in any of the projects and activities mentioned. None of the contents on CaptainAltcoin is an investment advice, nor does it replace the advice of a certified financial planner.
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CaptainAltcoin.com