Updated: 25 May 2018:
JD Supra is a legal publishing service that connects experts and their content with a wider audience of professionals, journalists and associations.
Please note that if you sign up for one of our services, you can make choices about how we collect, use and share your information through our Privacy Center in the "My Account" dashboard (available if you are connected to your JD Supra account).
Collection of information
Information about registration . When you register with JD Supra for our website and our services, both as author and subscriber, you will be asked to provide identifying information to create your JD Supra account (" Registration Data "), for example your:
- Company Name
- Company Industry
Other Information : We also collect other information that you may voluntarily provide . This can include content that you provide for publication. We may also receive communications with others through our website and our services (how to contact an author via our website) or communicate directly with us (for example via e-mail, feedback or other forms or social media). If you are a registered user, we will also collect your user preferences, such as the types of articles you would like to read.
Third-party information (for example, from your employer or LinkedIn) : We may also receive information about you from third-party sources. For example, your employer can give us your information, for example in relation to an article submitted by your employer for publication. If you choose to use LinkedIn to subscribe to our website and our services, we also collect information about your account and LinkedIn profile.
How do we use this information?
We use the information and data we collect primarily to provide our website and our services. In particular, we may use your personal information to:
- Manage our website and services and publish content;
- Distribute content to the user according to your preferences and to provide other notifications to the user (for example, updates on our policies and conditions)
- Measure readers and use of the website and services
- Communicate with you about questions and requests
- Authenticate users and provide the security and security of our website and services;
- Conducting research and similar activities to improve our website and our services; and
- Respect our legal and regulatory responsibilities and enforce our rights.
How is information shared?
- Content and other public information (such as an author profile) are shared on our website and services, including via e-mail and social media feeds and is accessible to the public
- If you choose to use our website and services to communicate directly with a company or an individual, such communication may be shared accordingly.
- provided to law firms and content authors to give them information about their readers and to help them improve their content.
- Your information may also be shared with individuals who support our business, such as professional consultants, web hosting service providers, analytics providers, and other information technology providers.
- Any court, governmental authority, law enforcement authority or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to fulfill a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of third parties or individuals "security personnel, or to detect, prevent or otherwise deal with problems of fraud, security or security
- To our affiliated entities and in connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of our company or our business.  How We Protect Your Information
JD Supra takes reasonable and appropriate precautions to ensure that your information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclose erection, alteration and destruction. access to user information to those individuals who reasonably need access to perform their job functions, such as our third-party e-mail service, customer service staff and technical staff. Keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free. Where you use login credentials (usernames, passwords) on our website, remember that it is your responsibility to protect them. If you believe your login credentials have been compromised, please contact us at [email protected]
Information for Children
Our website and our services are not intended for children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our website and / or services. If you have reason to believe that a child under 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us, and we will do our best to remove this information from our databases.
Links to other websites
Our website and our services may contain links to other websites. The operators of these other websites may collect information about you, including through cookies or other technologies. If you are using our website or our services and click on a link to another site, you will leave our website and this policy will not apply to your use and activity on those other sites. We encourage you to read the legal notice published on these sites, including their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the collection of data and the practices of use of these other sites. This policy applies only to information collected in connection with the use of our website and services and does not apply to any practices conducted offline or in connection with other websites.
Information for EU and Swiss residents  JD Supra's principal place of business is in the United States. By subscribing to our website, you expressly consent to the processing of your information in the United States.
- Your rights
- Right of access / Portability : you can ask to examine the details of the information we hold about you and how this information was used and disclosed. Note that we may ask you to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information be provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to rectify information : You can ask to make corrections to any information in our possession, if you believe that such correction is necessary.
- Right to restrict our processing or deletion of information : You also, under certain circumstances, have the right to ask us to limit the processing of your personal information or to delete your personal information. If you have consented to our use of your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by sending an email to [email protected] or by writing to:Privacy Officer
JD Supra, LLC
10 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 300
Sausalito, California 94965
You can also manage your profile and subscriptions via our Privacy Center in the "My account" dashboard.
We will make all the practical efforts to respect your wishes. However, there may be times when we are unable to meet the request, for example, if the applicable law prohibits our compliance. Note that JD Supra does not use "automatic decisions" or "profiling" because these terms are defined in the GDPR.
- Next transfer to third parties : As indicated in the "How we share your data" section above, JD Supra may share your information with third parties . When JD Supra discloses your personal information to third parties, we have made sure that these third parties have been certified under EU-U.S. or the Swiss Privacy Shield Framework and will process all personal data received from Member States of the EU / Switzerland relying on the applicable Privacy Shield Framework or which have been subject to strict contractual provisions in their contract with us to ensure an adequate level of protection data for your data.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, our customers residing in California have the right to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You can request this information by sending an email to [email protected] or by writing to:Privacy Officer
JD Supra, LLC
10 Liberty Ship Way, Suite 300
Sausalito, California 94965
Some browsers have incorporated a Do Not Track (DNT) function. These features, once activated, send a signal that you prefer that the website you are visiting does not collect and use data related to your online searches and browsing activities. Since there is not yet a common understanding on how to interpret the DNT signal, we currently do not respond to DNT signals on our site.
Access / correction / update / deletion of personal information
for non-EU / Swiss residents, if you want to know what personal information we have about you, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] We will be in touch with you (by email or other) to verify your identity and provide the requested information. We will respond within 30 days to the request for access to the personal information of the user. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. If you wish to correct or update your personal information, you can manage your profile and subscriptions via our Privacy Center in the "My account" dashboard. If you wish to delete your account or remove your information from our website and our services, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
Contacting JD Supra
As with many websites, the JD Supra website (located at www.jdsupra.com) (our " Website ") and our services (such as our summaries of e-mail articles) (our " Services ") uses a standard technology called "cookies" and other similar technologies (such as pixels and web beacons), that is, small data files that are transferred to the computer of the user when using our website and services. These technologies automatically identify your browser every time you interact with our website and services.
- Improve the user experience on our website and services;
- Retains the authorization token that users receive when they access the private areas of our website. This token is specific to the user's login session and requires a valid username and password for obtaining. You need to access user profile information, subscriptions and analyzes;
- Keeps track of the anonymous use of the site; and
- Allow connectivity with social media networks to allow content sharing.
There are different types of cookies and other technologies used on our website, in particular:
- " Session cookies " – These cookies only lasts until your online session and disappears from your computer or device when you close the browser (such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- " Persistent cookies " – These cookies remain on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for a period specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- " Web Beacons / Pixel " – Some of our Web pages and e-mail can also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, delete GIFs or single-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on a web page or e-mail and generally work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. We use these images to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who visited a Web page or acted on one of our digest mails.
JD Supra Cookies . We place our cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our website and our services. For example, we put a session cookie on your computer every time you visit our website. We use these cookies to allow you to access your subscription account. In addition, through these cookies we are able to collect information on how you use the website, including which browser you are using, your IP address and the URL address from which you try to visit our website and URL that you have visited (even if those URLs are not on our website). In addition, we use web beacons via e-mail to check if our e-mails are delivered and read. We also use these tools to help provide readers with tools to analyze readers to give them information about their readers and help them improve their content, so that it is more useful for our users.
Analysis / Performance Cookies . JD Supra also uses the following analysis tools to help us analyze the performance of our website and our services, and how visitors use our website and services:
- HubSpot – For more information about HubSpot cookies, visit legal.hubspot .com / privacy-policy.
- New Relic – For more information about New Relic cookies, visit www.newrelic.com/privacy.
- Google Analytics – For more information about Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To disable Google Analytics tracking on all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a web browser without Google Analytics cookies.
Facebook, Twitter and other social network cookies. Our content pages allow you to share the content that appears on our website and services for your social media accounts through the "Like", "Tweet" or similar buttons displayed on those pages. To implement this service, we incorporate the code that these third-party social networks provide and which we do not control. These buttons know that you have logged in to your social network account and therefore these social networks may also know that you are viewing the JD Supra website.
Checking and deleting cookies
The processes for checking and deleting cookies vary depending on the browser you use. To find out how to do it with a particular browser, you can use the "Help" function of your browser or, alternatively, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step by step, how to check and delete cookies in most of browsers.
Updates to this policy
Contact JD Supra