PUMPKIN PIE is a crucial part of the annual Thanksgiving holiday for Americans around the world.
Combining an inviting spicy flavor with an irresistible pumpkin-based custard filling, a good pumpkin pie can make for a memorable Thanksgiving meal.
It also has a unique history, which serves as a symbol of harvest time in the United States.
Most commonly served in the fall and winter, it’s especially popular in the United States and Canada, but the hat could change thanks to this Irish inspired recipe, which adds Guinness to the proceedings and is all the better for it.
Here’s everything you need to know to make a pumpkin pie that will be remembered for years to come.
What you will need:
- 19 inch unbaked pie shell
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 6 oz bottle of Guinness Stout
How to do it:
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, and ginger in a bowl.
- Lightly beat in two eggs.
- Mix the canned pumpkin and Guinness beer until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the cake shell.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 180 ° C and cook for another 45-50 minutes or until the fork in the center of the cake is clean.
- Chill and serve.