17.01.2019 at 23h54
The United Nations World Health Organization has opened an investigation into "accusations of misconduct" within the organization, based on an anonymous e-mail spread internally, has said the agency on Thursday.
L & # 39; Oms said to be aware of a news released Thursday on the allegations. He said that Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus had ordered a probe from an internal control office.
While not providing details on the allegations, WHO stressed that since Ghebreyesus took office in 2017 he "defended the openness, transparency and diversity".
The UN agency is "working consistently to increase geographical diversity and improve gender balance at all levels as part of the ongoing transformation process," the statement added.
"We are confirming that the WHO is responding to the allegations of misconduct made in an anonymous email.Any type of misconduct is a problem that concerns us, regardless of its nature," said the spokesperson of the 39; WHO Sarah Russell.
He said the survey was opened last year.
The WHO has 7,000 officials working in 150 national offices, six regional offices and the headquarters of the agency in Geneva.