At the Litecoin Summit 2018, Charlie Lee revealed his first three altcoin selections. Lee went with Litecoin, followed by Monero and Decred.
Litecoin, a Bitcoin fork, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency designed to make daily purchases.
Monero is specifically designed to be untraceable digital money.
Decred, like Litecoin, is similar to Bitcoin and introduces several features aimed at solving blockchain governance. Its developers performed an atomic exchange between Decred (DCR) and Litecoin (LTC) in September 2017.
Hey, @decredproject people! @ChangeNOW_io is pleased to note that $ DCR is available for quick and easy exchanges with over 150 cryptos! Watch our video guide to learn how to trade #DCR on YouTube and try the real deal on https://t.co/Dqh15G5R2q 😉 https://t.co/LbzzaJgUVp
– ChangeNOW ( @ChangeNOW_io) 17 September 2018
Altcoin Buzz also asked Lee what kind of investments he would have avoided. The creator of Litecoin warned the ICO, stating that "many of them are scams and many of them have failed due to incentive structures."
Lee is not the only one to be wary of Ico. The popular YouTube personality Britvr says he would avoid ICOs for now, until the market gets better.
The interviewed participants chose other popular altcoins as their first choices, including Cardano, Ethereum and Ontology.
Join us on Telegram
The San Francisco event was the first summit of Litecoin. He was hosted by Naomi Brockwell, a television and encrypted character, and has participated in numerous cryptocurrencies and the following formation of speakers:
- Elizabeth Stark CEO of Lightning Labs, a pioneer in the development of Lightning Network
- Eric Winer Gemini vice president of engineering, the US-based exchange run by the Winklevoss twins
- Diego Guriérrez Zalvidar CEO RSK labs, leader in smart secondary chains based on Bitcoin and Litecoin networks
- Adam Draper CEO of Boost VC, investor in cript startups
- Alex Bosworth co-founder of Source Labs and lead maintainer on the submarine swap platform that is carrying out the implementation of atomic swaps for blockchains
- Bill Barhydt CEO of Abra, an investment platform that brings cryptocurrency to the masses
- Michael Ou CEO of Co olbitX, a newcomer for cryptocurrency hardware wa llet space
- Franklin Richards and Xinxi Wang founding directors of the Litecoin Foundation, a non-profit organization based in Singapore that advances and promotes growth of the Litecoin ecosystem
- Rytis Bieliauskas and Vilius Emanas CTO and COO of Coingate, a leader in commercial solutions linking cryptocurrency with traditional finance
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in The Daily Hodl are not advice investment. Investors should do their due diligence before making high-risk investments in Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Your transfers and exchanges are at your risk. Any losses you could sustain are your responsibility. Keep in mind that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Check out the latest news