Switcheo Networrk, the first non-custodian cryptocurrency exchange on the NEO blockchain has just been published on Ethereum. The launch, also called Callisto, made Switcheo, recognized for its intuitive user interface, the first non-custodian exchange to support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains.
Unlike most non-custodial trades, Switcheo allows new traders to get on board. Co-founded by traders – Ivan Poon, Henry Chua and Jack Yeu, the Switcheo once started as a solution to the common problems of centralized exchanges: security, anonymity of users and trust.
"The launch of Callisto it is a significant milestone for us. Our users can now trade on two different blockchains while maintaining ownership of their funds, "explained Poon." They will no longer need to create trading accounts on different platforms, thus reducing the risks of being hacked. "
"Switcheo Exchange was built to facilitate the transfer of digital assets through several blockchains safely without a trusted third party," says Switcheo's managing director, Ivan Poon.
The exchange has certainly come a long way since it was successfully launched on the NEO blockchain in March this year, where daily trading volume peaked at $ 3 million with over 25,300 traders.
The integration of Switcheo with Ethereum means the beginning of a "new era".
"We are currently developing to allow blockchain interoperability to enable cross-chain trading," says Poon. "Because each blockchain works with its own unique protocol and, there is no current technology that facilitates their mutual interaction."
Without the predecessors, Switcheo's innovation will be the first of its kind in the blockchain sector. Poon also reveals that Switcheo will build a specialized blockchain to facilitate cross-chain transfers without trust in the future.
The evolution of Switcheo towards transversal integration through the creation of its own blockchain will eventually put them in contact with a larger centralized unit, having the potential to challenge conventional financial institutions through its ability to list the tokens on multiple blockchain on a single non-custodian platform.
After the launch, Switcheo will list over 22 new trading pairs, including token of important Ethereum projects such as stable-coin Maker (MKR), OmiseGO (OMG), Basic Attention Token (BAT) and more.
- Blockchain New Foundation of Democracy? The VOATZ app based on Blockchain Voting could be in first place – 20 November 2018
- Switcheo Network launches the first Exchange to support both NEO and Ethereum blockchains. – 20 November 2018
- Datametrex and Nexalogy Environics develop the false news detection filter – 19 November 2018
- Kinesis Money and Allocated Bullion Exchange seek to create a commercial venture block with the Jakarta Futures Exchange in Indonesia – 16 November 2018
- Turn group CEO Michael Terpin named one of the most respected ICO consultants and influencers – 10 November 2018
- WISeKey announces the release of WISePhone, the first ever secure Android blockchain phone with cryptocurrency payment functionality – 9 November 2018
- WISeKey announces WISfans, a platform that detects counterfeiting of branded sports products and connects clubs with their fans – 8 November 2018
- The Radiant Earth Foundation works with the Blockchain ConsenSys software company to make geospatial data more accessible – 8 November 2018
- A lawsuit for collective actions was filed against Gainey & McKenna & Egleston's India Globalization Capital, Inc. – 7 November 2018
- Blockchain used to authorize small African farmers to enter the global food market – 6 November 2018
- Blockchain Company reveals a powerful fitness app that aims to reward training with tokens. – 2 November 2018
- WeedMD and Blockstrain launch proprietary genome tracking software to protect the genetics and intellectual property of cannabis – 25 October 2018
- Richard Branson's Extreme Tech Challenge announces the 2018 winner of his fourth annual competition on Necker Island – 25 October 2018
- Investx stabilizes tokens by adopting Holo's Ethical ICO model – 25 October 2018
- MIT's Algorand Silvio Micali announces $ 62 million in funding and appoints a new executive team – 24 October 2018
- Partnership between Charity Game Master and SilverLogic Marks Beginning of a worldwide charity network – 22 October 2018
- The Blockchain enabled supply chain platform ensures the legal flow of products through the Canadian cannabis market – 19 October 2018
- The new documentary funded by Crypto shows people's problems and tangible solutions through Blockchain – 19 October 2018
- The number of Blockchain startups has tripled in Israel – 18 October 2018
- The report sheds new light on the participation or involvement of celebrities in Blockchain and Ico – 18 October 2018
View all the articles