Go to content
- YB resists the pressure in the third match of the Europa League group and cancels CSKA Sofia 3-0.
- The winner of the match is Felix Mambimbi, who scores a brace.
- In the other Group A match, AS Roma celebrated a 5-0 win against Cluj.
In your place, establish, goal! YB started out full of energy and successfully. After just 96 seconds, 19-year-old Felix Mambimbi gave the home team the lead after a bad mistake by Sofia captain Valentin Antonov. Three minutes later, the Bulgarians were lucky not to have already been defeated 3-0. Mambimbi (4th) and Christian Fassnacht (5th) have lost two record chances.
A little recovered from the false start, the guests then acted in an offensive way. Too offensive – and he promptly retaliated:
- 18. Minute: After winning the ball, it goes straight to the point: first Miralem Sulejmani starts the attack together with Jean-Pierre Nsame, then ends up 2-0.
- 30. Minute: Again, guests can be thwarted. Fassnacht is not attacked on the right wing. His cross in the center winks at Mambimbi for the 3-0. As with the 1-0, 19-year-old Antonov looks old.
Subsequently, the series of Bulgarian attacks hardly appeared anymore. Only an Ali Sowe shot from the post in the 37th minute got the Berners up and taking notice. “Yellow-black”, for its part, has rocked the game very freely over time.
Trainer Gerardo Seoane can look back on a more enjoyable evening. With his decision to have Mambimbi and Sulejmani play from the start over the first two Europa League games, he showed a hand of gold.
Victory could be worth gold in the fight for a ticket to the knockout stage. In the standings, YB is now in second place behind AS Roma, tied with Cluj.
Rome with Gala gegen Cluj
Last week, Roma only saw a sad 0-0 against Sofia despite top-class chances. The Romans compensated for the goals scored in a duel with Cluj. 57 seconds were played when Henrich Mchitarjan nodded to the home team in the lead. Until half time Roger Ibanez (24th) and Borja Mayoral (34th) scored. Shortly before the end, the “Giallorossi” kicked off the gala. In the end, AS Roma recorded a 5-0 win and league leadership in Group A.
SRF Zwei, sportlive, 5 November 2020, 20:40; lowering
Most read articles