Ripple prices have risen by about $ 0.006 per chip in the last year. It was $ 3.35 ($ 2.47) at 3:20 pm on Sunday, January 7th.
Only since December 2017, the price of ripple has increased by 1,000 percent and analysts see the potential for greater growth in the near future.
Trevor Koverko, CEO of the blockchain platform Polymath, believes that growth can be attributed to investors who trust the ripple brand.
He said: "People feel comfortable with their name and the technology behind Ripple.
"A lot of people are starting to realize how big the business is and blockchain … and this makes Ripple the first winner here."
There are currently over 40 billion XRP tokens held by customers all over the world. Here's how you can become one of them.
How to buy ripple:
The purchase of ripple is a relatively simple process of creating a cryptographic portfolio, a cryptographic exchange account and then trading for the desired cryptographic currency.
1. Get and XRP wallet for tokens.
Having a secure cryptographic portfolio is essential to maintain full control over tokens and keep them safe from thieves and hackers.
You can create an online portfolio with services like CoinPayments or buy a physical hardware portfolio.
Hardware portfolios are sometimes the safest option, but if you lose one, your tokens are probably lost forever. Online portfolios on the other hand tend to charge fees for various transactions but are always accessible online.
Portfolios work much like bank accounts and guarantee that you will keep secure tokens if an exchange fails or falls victim to computer theft.
Other essays are buying tokens from an exchange on the principle that the exchange owes you the tokens of the branch, rather than charging you with them.
Before buying any ripple tokens, you should consider the idea of getting a chain portfolio for your cryptocurrency
2. Create an account with a cryptographic exchange to ripple
Ripple.com lists several cryptographic exchanges that handle the XRP token. These include the popular Bitstamp, Kraken, Gatehub and Coincheck.
Some of the individual steps may vary, but creating an account on one of these services requires a valid email address, a phone number and your full name.
If you choose Kraken's services, you will need to perform a two-step verification process. In the meantime, Gatehub will ask you for a PIN received via SMS.
Once you have set up your account and verified all the required information, you will be ready to deposit funds into your account.
Price rippling: the market capitalization of cryptographic tokens is now second only to bitcoins
3. Deposit funds into your account
To buy XRP, you must first buy bitcoins or deposit a certain amount of money in your new account.
Most exchanges accept US dollars as fiat currency, but some have more options available such as the Euro, the Canadian Dollar or the Japanese Yen. Of course, you can also exchange encrypted with other digital currencies.
As soon as your trading portfolio has been completed, you are free to start trading in encrypted currencies.
4. Buy XRP or any other digital currency
The process may vary in some way between exchanges, but the main principle is that you exchange your currency of choice for another.
If you deposited $ 100 in your trading account, you will need to select the correct market to trade. In this case this would be XRP / USD.
Other available options could include bitcoin ripple trading (XRP / BTC), Euro ripple trading (XRP / EUR) or your trade, whatever the legal or digital currency you accept.
Once you have selected the right market, you will then need to place an order for the amount of XRP you wish to purchase.
Depending on the digital asset you are purchasing, the amount of time required to cancel the order contract will vary. XRP transactions are typically immediate.
Here are the approximate deposit times listed by Kraken:
- Bitcoin: ~ 60 minutes (6 confirmations are required)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH): ~ 60 minutes (6 confirmations are required)
- Litecoin: ~ 30 minutes (12 confirmations are required)
- Dogecoin: ~ 20 minutes (20 confirmations required)
- Namecoin: ~ 60 minutes (6 confirmations are required)
- Ripple (XRP): transactions are immediate
- Lumens (XLM): transactions are immediate
- Ether (ETH): ~ 6 minutes (30 confirmations are required)
- Ether Classic (ETC): ~ 24 minutes (120 confirmations required)
- Augur (REP): ~ 6 minutes (30 confirmations required)
- Iconomi (ICN): ~ 6 minutes (30 confirmations are required)
- Zcash (ZEC): ~ 60 minutes (24 confirmations required)
- Tether (USDT): ~ 60 minutes (6 confirmations are required)
- Dash (DASH): ~ 15 minutes (6 confirmations are required)
- Gnosis (GNO): ~ 6 minutes (30 confirmations are required)
- Monero (XMR): ~ 30 minutes (15 confirmations are required)
- Melon (MLN): ~ 6 minutes (30 confirmations required)
- EOS (EOS): ~ 6 minutes (30 confirmations are required)