Ripple is a step closer to the decentralization of XRP


One of the main problems related to XRP is decentralization. This is because Ripple, as a company, has a lot of XRP, and even, until recently, managed most of the validation nodes on the XRP blockchain. In essence, Ripple had majority control over the XRP network, which means that the currency can not be decentralized.

We must remember that this is also related to the XRP association as security. If XRP were more decentralized, it could be argued that this case would never have existed against Ripple as a company.

As part of the progression of Ripple and future plans for XRP, Ripple is obviously closing its validation nodes and allowing third-party nodes to operate on the network, eventually making decentralization a more realistic perspective. According to AMB Crypto, Ripple now manages 48% of the validation nodes on the Unique Node List & # 39; (UNL), which means that in essence, the network can be considered decentralized due to the fact that majority control is in the hands of numerous third parties, managing the remaining 52%.

According to AMB Crypto:

"Over the course of the year, Ripple has followed their roadmap to slowly decentralize the XRP ledger by adding third-party validators to the default UNL. Third-party validators added to the default UNL, Ripple will remove one of them.


"The process took place over the course of the year, as per Ripple's decentralization strategy. Currently, since Ripple controls 10 of the 21 nodes on the default UNL value, they effectively manage only 48% of the validation nodes. This notwithstanding every node in the network can determine the UNL who want to process their transactions, effectively allowing a decentralization measure through choice. "

I still think that Ripple has a bit of work to do before he can call complete decentralization, as 48% of the network still offers Ripple the opportunity to control and manipulate a large block Not that they will, but a lot of decentralization is due to the theory, a network can not be decentralized if in theory a solitary entity can control most of it.

Overall, this is good news and serves as a point of reference in the progression of Ripple.The XRP will grow, now as a "mostly" decentralized resource, and could finally begin to be taken seriously by hardcore "decentralizers" among us.

[ad_2]Source link