The developer Blockchain topped the report on emerging jobs
The annual report on Emerging Jobs by LinkedIn states that the blockchain developer is the first emerging workplace among all occupations, with machine learning capability even in high demand.
The social-oriented social website conducts the study each year to highlight the fastest growing jobs in the United States.
Although it is perhaps not surprising that the technological works – in particular the technological works related to the developers – dominate the list, the position of the blockchain developer has not even been mentioned in the 2017 report.
The 2018 report, however, notes that the position is in great demand due to the growing interest in blockchain and cryptocurrency technology. "Only time will tell if the blockchain will be a long-standing trend in the labor market," said LinkedIn chief economist Guy Berger.
A common theme in the 2017 and 2018 reports is artificial intelligence, in particular automatic learning. The position of "engineer for machine learning" is at the top of the 2017 list and similar skills are clearly visible in the new report.
In fact, the main argument to be taken into account in the report is: "Artificial Intelligence (AI) is here to stay No, this does not mean robots are coming for your work, but we are likely to see growth continue in the fields and related functions This year, six of the 15 emerging jobs are somehow related to AI, and our research shows that artificial intelligence skills are starting to infiltrate in every industry, not just in technology -growing skills on LinkedIn, and globally saw a 190 percent increase from 2015 to 2017. "
"Machine learning engineer" ranked n. 2 in the 2018 list, with "automatic learning specialist" arriving at no. 4. As can be seen from the following list of the top 15, also various other machine learning positions and other data sciences are experiencing high growth rates:
- Blockchain Developer (33X growth)
- Machine Learning Engineer (12X growth)
- Application Sales Manager (8-fold growth)
- Machine Learning Specialist (6X growth)
- Professional medical representative (6X growth)
- Relationship consultant (5.5-fold growth)
- Data Science Specialist (5X growth)
- Assurance Staff (5X growth)
- Representative of commercial development (4 times higher growth)
- Business support consultant (4 times higher growth)
- Solar Power Consultant (4X growth)
- Administrative assistant (4X growth)
- Background Investigator (4X growth)
- Machine Learning Researcher (4X growth)
- Data Science Manager (4X growth)
LinkedIn has also compiled jobs with the largest growth in recruitment, described as jobs that have seen a strong and steady demand over the past four years and recorded the highest growth in recruitment rates in the country, where "software engineer" was the number 1, reflecting the results of many other technology work reports.
LinkedIn produces the annual report by analyzing the data of its economic graph between 2014 and 2018.